Emergency ServicesCall 903.731.1000
2900 South Loop 256
Palestine, TX 75801
Open 24 hours
Palestine Regional Medical Center Emergency Room
Serving Palestine, Anderson County and surrounding areas
That’s why we’re here.
Emergency care should be readily available and provided by highly skilled clinicians. The Palestine Regional Emergency Room (ER) is staffed 24/7 by a team that specializes in emergency care. You can rest assured that your care team has the right combination of knowledge and compassion to provide the best care for you and your loved ones. Highlights of our ER include:
- 33,000 patients served annually
- 14-bed unit that includes urgent care and critical care services
- Providing quality service for over 40 years
Your Emergency Room Care Team
Effective emergency care happens when experts from various specialties come together with different training backgrounds and perspectives. The Palestine Regional ER in Palestine, Texas is staffed by providers who specialize in emergency care, and a wide range of other specialists are available on call.
The Emergency Room care team in Palestine, Texas is made up of experienced:
- Cardiologists (board certified)
- General Surgeons
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- And more
What to Expect in Our ER
You will be cared for by staff trained to respond to any type of medical emergency. We understand a visit to the ER can be a very stressful time; therefore, you should expect us to communicate with you and guide you through your situation. Please ask questions about anything you do not understand.
Patients in the ER are treated according to the severity of their illnesses.
Patient Safety and Quality Care Come First
Our goal is to provide the best care available in the safest possible environment. To make that happen, we:
- Integrate a bedside registration process so treatment is not delayed
- Maintain a fast-track area for minor injuries and conditions
- Provide detailed monitoring of critically ill patients
- Use well-lit rooms that are positioned so critical changes in a patient’s condition are easily assessed, which allows us to respond quickly
- Utilize a computerized system that keeps critical medications and supplies readily available
When to Go to the Emergency Room
Call 911 or head to the ER right away if you or a loved one have any of the following symptoms:
- Bleeding that will not stop
- Chest pain or other heart attack symptoms
- Confusion or other changes in mental state
- Loss of consciousness
- Possible broken bones
- Serious burns
- Severe allergic reactions, such as severe swelling or trouble swallowing or breathing
- Stroke symptoms, which include sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of your body), confusion, and trouble speaking
- Trouble breathing
- Unable to move an arm or leg
Please note these are examples of life-threatening illnesses or injuries that warrant a trip to the Emergency Department. This is not a complete list of conditions which require emergency attention. If you need immediate medical attention, come to the Emergency Department right away.
Non-Life-Threatening Illnesses & Injuries
When you or a loved one has an injury or illness that is not life-threatening, it can be confusing to know whether it is worth a visit to the ER. The following services can be received through your primary care physician.
- Care for mild illnesses
- Non-urgent medical concerns
- Ongoing care for chronic illness
- Physical exams
Expedited Heart Care
The staff at Palestine Regional Medical Center is specially equipped to provide quick care to patients who come to us with symptoms of a heart attack.
American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Palestine Regional Medical Center received Chest Pain Center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best heart care treatment available. As an accredited facility, we use the newest methods and best practices in heart care to ensure that our patients receive:
- Right care at the right time to minimize or eliminate heart damage due to heart attack
- Timely and accurate diagnoses to reduce the disruption to your life and get you back home as soon as possible
- Help and communication to better understand how to respond to your heart emergencies
- Improved quality of life after a heart episode
To determine your level of risk for a heart attack, click the button:
Expedited Stroke Care
The ER at Palestine Regional Medical Center is also specially equipped to provide timely care to stroke patients.
If you or a loved one shows symptoms of a stroke, you will be met by a team specially trained in identifying and treating strokes.
To determine your level of risk for a stroke, click the button:
We appreciate you entrusting our Emergency Room with your healthcare needs in the Palestine, Texas region.